The Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival is accepting applications for a full-time or part-time Ticket Office Representative starting in June or July 2023. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the staff for the Festival’s 50th season, which is being presented in July and August 2023.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The primary responsibility of the Ticket Office Representative is to provide the Festival’s patrons with a positive initial experience when attending a concert. This is done by giving accurate event information and assisting with the purchasing and/or picking up of tickets to Festival events. The Ticket Office Representative is expected to work cooperatively with the Festival’s staff and the staff at its two venues—the New Mexico Museum of Art and the Lensic Performing Arts Center—in order to maintain a high level of customer service. This position is temporary and seasonal and therefore not eligible for medical, dental, or retirement benefits.
Director of Ticketing & Patron Services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide all guests with a positive first impression of the Festival by offering superior, individualized customer service.
• Provide guests with information about Festival events either in person or over the phone.
• Maintain and nurture relationships with regular patrons, board members, donors, sponsors, members, New Mexico Museum of Art staff, Lensic staff, and the general public, encouraging new guests to visit on a more regular basis.
• Accurately operate the Tessitura ticketing system to sell tickets for Festival events. (Training is provided.)
• Process ticket sales, which take place in person at the Festival’s Ticket Office, via the Festival’s website, by phone, or by mail; collect payment; process credit card orders; make changes to ticket orders as needed; operate a computer; and keep accurate records of monies taken in and tickets sold through the Ticket Office.
• Open and close assigned workstation, which includes an assigned cash drawer, as spelled out in the Ticket Office handbook.
• Balance assigned cash drawer to end-of-day reports.
• Pull and organize Will Call tickets for events.
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Availability to work from sometime in June or July through August 21, 2023
• Available to work 2- to 8-hour shifts between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. From mid-June to late August, the Ticket Office is open seven days a week, but you’ll have at least two days off each week.
• Ability to communicate positively with patrons to establish their needs efficiently and courteously
• An outgoing, friendly, professional, and enthusiastic attitude
• Ability to work flexible hours according to event schedules and the ability to work extended and irregular hours, including weekends
• Proficiency in computer software, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The above description isn’t all-inclusive and is only intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email or mail a résumé and cover letter (which should include your availability) to Toni Pittman, Director of Ticketing & Patron Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival, PO Box 2227, Santa Fe, NM 87504