Ticket Office Representative
(Full and part time seasonal positions available starting in June and July)
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide the audience with a positive initial experience at the Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival. This is created by aiding patrons with accurate event information and assisting them in purchasing and/or picking up tickets to Festival events. You are expected to work cooperatively with all employees of the Festival, the NM Museum of Art and the Lensic Performing Arts Center in maintaining a high level of customer service. This position is temporary and seasonal. As such, it is not eligible for medical, dental, or retirement benefits.
• Provide all guests a positive first impression of the Festival by offering superior, individualized guest service.
• Provide information regarding Festival events and facilities via face-to-face communication and telephone.
• Maintain and nurture relationships with regular patrons, board members, donors, sponsors, members, NM Museum of Art staff, Lensic staff, and the general public, encouraging new guests to visit on a more regular basis.
• Accurately operate the Tessitura ticketing system to sell tickets for Festival events. Training provided.
• Process ticket sales at the ticket office, by internet, phone and by mail, collect money, process credit card orders, operate a computer, make change and keep accurate records of monies taken in and tickets sold through the ticket office.
• Open and close assigned workstation, which includes an assigned cash drawer, as spelled out in ticket office handbook.
• Balance assigned cash drawer to end of day reports.
• Pull and organize will-call tickets for events.
• Problem-solve by effectively communicating with guests to locate and deliver will-call/guest list tickets.
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Available to work beginning in June or July through August 18.
• Available to work 2-8 hour shifts, between the hours of 9:30 am – 8:30 pm, 7 days a week (with at least two days off each week)
• Ability to communicate positively with patrons to establish their needs efficiently and courteously.
• Outgoing, friendly, professional, and enthusiastic.
• Ability to work flexible hours according to event schedules; ability to work extended and irregular hours including weekends.
• Be computer proficient including Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Fully Vaccinated against Covid-19.
This job description is not all-inclusive and is only intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job.
Interested applicants please email or mail cover letter (that includes availability) and resume or attached application to Toni Pittman, Director of Ticketing and Patron Services, Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival, P.O. Box 2227, Santa Fe, NM 87504, email@example.com.