Special Events and Board Relations Manager
Annually, the Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival hosts a combination of cultivation, stewardship, and fund-raising events along with board-related meetings and activities designed to engage Festival’s key stakeholders and to build positive and sustainable relationships for the future. The Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival seeks an experienced, take charge professional with ability to manage administration and logistics of these activities in support of the Director of Development and the Festival.
The professional in this role will serve as Board Relations liaison, the scope of which includes preparing for five annual board meetings and related Board Committee meetings, attending Board and Committee meetings and taking minutes during each session, preparation and distribution of meeting materials, and organizing the annual Board Dinner.
The Events and Board Relations Manager should have a strong talent for special events design and management. This role manages the design, organization and oversight of 10+ annual events and the annual fund-raising gala in July with the Director of Development.
The individual in this position must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, have strong emotional intelligence, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers. These relationships should be characterized by effective communication and willingness to aid and support the growth of the division’s fund raising. S/he also works in collaboration with the Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival staff. A successful candidate will have excellent written and spoken communications skills, impeccable proof-reading skills, attention to detail, the ability to remain composed in fast-paced situations and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Bachelor’s and/or nonprofit arts management degree preferred.
For a full job description, send request to Cece Derringer.
Term of employment: 40 hours/week (Monday through Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm, although hours will vary during weeks when special events are taking place in the evening or on the weekend.) Salary commensurate with experience.
Please click here to submit cover letter, resume, and two letters of reference. Please specify position, or positions, you are applying for. APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 30, 2020
2020 Seasonal Positions
Ticket Office Representative
(Full and part time positions available starting in July)
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide the audience with a positive initial experience at the Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival. This is created by aiding patrons with accurate event information and assisting them in purchasing and/or picking up tickets to Festival events. You are expected to work cooperatively with all employees of the Festival, the NM Museum of Art and the Lensic Performing Arts Center in maintaining a high level of customer service.
- • Provide all guests a positive first impression of the Festival by offering superior, individualized guest service.
- • Provide information regarding Festival events and facilities via face-to-face communication and telephone.
- • Maintain and nurture relationships with regular patrons, board members, donors, sponsors, members, NM Museum of Art staff, Lensic staff, and the general public, encouraging casual and new guests to visit on a more regular basis.
- • Accurately operate the Tessitura ticketing system to sell tickets for Festival events. This includes being responsible for the “fish” token needed to operate Tessitura.
- • Process ticket sales at the ticket office, by internet, phone and by mail; sell tickets, collect money, process credit card orders, operate a computer, make change and keep accurate records of monies taken in and tickets sold through the ticket office.
- • Open and close assigned workstation, which includes an assigned cash drawer, as spelled out in ticket office handbook.
- • Balance assigned cash drawer to end of day reports.
- • Pull will-call tickets for events.
- • Problem-solve by effectively communicating with guests to locate and deliver will-call/guest list tickets.
- • Operate Festival gift shop as needed.
- • Help with guest artists CD signings as needed.
- • Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- • Ability to communicate positively with patrons to establish their needs efficiently and courteously.
- • Ability to smile, be friendly, professional, and enthusiastic.
- • Ability to work flexible hours according to event schedules; ability to work extended and irregular hours including weekends.
- • Be computer proficient including Microsoft Excel and Word.
This position description is not all-inclusive and is only intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job.
Please respond with short resume. References will be required if interviewed. All inquiries kept confidential. No phone calls.
The Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival is an internationally acclaimed six-week summer festival of over 45 chamber music concerts and youth concerts performed by world-class musicians. Under the artistic leadership of Artistic Director Marc Neikrug, the Festival gathers artists from around the world to perform in Santa Fe.