TICKET OFFICE MANAGER
The Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival seeks a highly qualified person to join our team as Ticket Office Manager.
The Ticket Office Manager’s responsibilities include:
• Planning, organizing, and managing the operations, activities, and staff of the Festival’s ticket office and for the ordering, sale, and accounting for all tickets sold for Festival events.
• Managing ticket office personnel matters such as recruiting interviewing and hiring seasonal staff.
• Accurately processing credit card and cash transactions.
• Reconciling daily ticket sales and cash deposits and preparing reports or financial settlements regarding ticket office activities and events. Works closely with Controller/CFO and understands ticket office operations and accepted accounting and record keeping practices related to ticket selling.
• Analyzing and planning for event needs for ticketing staff, equipment, supplies and services and taking appropriate action based on budget limitations.
• Planning and implementing new ticketing procedures and/or revisions to ticketing computer system.
• Managing all Festival patron records in Tessitura, including accurate data entry and ticketing information to ensure reliability and accuracy of ticketing database.
• Maintaining and troubleshooting ticketing and box office technologies.
• Managing the Festival’s seasonal box office operations at New Mexico Museum of Art.
The Ticket Office Manager
• Must have thorough knowledge of supervisory practices and principles. Knowledge of ticket office operations and accepted accounting and record keeping practices related to ticket selling.
• Will be highly skilled in both verbal and written communication with patrons and management team and will be skilled in organizing work of self and others.
• Will evaluate and resolve problems presented by subordinate staff; and authorize exceptions or deviation from policy such as ticket refunds.
• Will maintain the knowledge and enforce all Festival ticketing policies, troubleshoot technical and patron issues as they arise.
• Will work with Executive Director and CFO to project ticket office annual budget and monitors throughout the year.
• Will work with Executive Director and CFO in budgeting ticket and subscription prices.
• Will work cooperatively with the Development team to achieve the recruitment and cultivation of ticket buyers as donors.
• Will work closely with the Festival’s seasonal House Manager to manage front of house operations and the Festival’s all-volunteer ushering staff.
• Will work together with Festival management team to plan for any necessary audience COVID safety protocols for the 2022 season.
• Will work closely with the Lensic’s Community Box Office manager
• Will maintain a thorough knowledge and enforce Festival ticketing policies and procedures.
• This position reports to the Executive Director and will work closely with the entire management team.
• The successful applicant must remain respectful, positive, supportive, friendly, and provide high-level customer service to our patrons and donor base.
• Applicant will possess excellent communication and customer service skills in addition to being detail oriented, well organized, patient, and able to successfully manage staff in a fast-paced environment.
• Applicant must be a problem solver, quick on their feet and not flustered by changes to normal operating procedure.
• Applicant will have thorough knowledge of Tessitura and Excel. Applicant will be expected to learn and comprehend complex ticket policies and procedures. Computer proficiency, accurate data entry, and other basic office skills are essential.
• Applicant should be comfortable working independently, as well as part of a team.
• A knowledge of classical music, the Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival, and the Santa Fe community is helpful, but not required.
• Applicant must be a team player with a good sense of humor.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com. The ideal candidate will be able to start as soon as possible. SFCMF is an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse, respectful, and collaborative work environment.