2019 Seasonal Positions
Ticket Office Representative
(Full and part time positions available starting in July)
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide the audience with a positive initial experience at the Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival. This is created by aiding patrons with accurate event information and assisting them in purchasing and/or picking up tickets to Festival events. You are expected to work cooperatively with all employees of the Festival, the NM Museum of Art and the Lensic Performing Arts Center in maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Provide all guests a positive first impression of the Festival by offering superior, individualized guest service.
- Provide information regarding Festival events and facilities via face-to-face communication and telephone.
- Maintain and nurture relationships with regular patrons, board members, donors, sponsors, members, NM Museum of Art staff, Lensic staff, and the general public, encouraging casual and new guests to visit on a more regular basis.
- Accurately operate the Tessitura ticketing system to sell tickets for Festival events. This includes being responsible for the “fish” token needed to operate Tessitura.
- Process ticket sales at the ticket office, by internet, phone and by mail; sell tickets, collect money, process credit card orders, operate a computer, make change and keep accurate records of monies taken in and tickets sold through the ticket office.
- Open and close assigned workstation, which includes an assigned cash drawer, as spelled out in ticket office handbook.
- Balance assigned cash drawer to end of day reports.
- Pull will-call tickets for events.
- Problem-solve by effectively communicating with guests to locate and deliver will-call/guest list tickets.
- Operate Festival gift shop as needed.
- Help with guest artists CD signings as needed.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ability to communicate positively with patrons to establish their needs efficiently and courteously.
- Ability to smile, be friendly, professional, and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work flexible hours according to event schedules; ability to work extended and irregular hours including weekends.
- Be computer proficient including Microsoft Excel and Word.
This position description is not all-inclusive and is only intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job.
Please respond with short resume. References will be required if interviewed. All inquiries kept confidential. No phone calls.
The Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival is an internationally acclaimed six-week summer festival of over 45 chamber music concerts and youth concerts performed by world-class musicians. Under the artistic leadership of Artistic Director Marc Neikrug, the Festival gathers artists from around the world to perform in Santa Fe.