- Festival Artists
- Give to the Festival
Career, intern, and volunteer opportunities
Call for Applications for Summer Positions
Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival 2017 Season
Application Deadline March 3, 2017
SUMMER POSITION – ARTISTIC ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN for Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival’s 45th Season. Duties include: welcoming and orienting artists upon arrival, coordinating airport ground transportation, preparing and distributing artist information materials, maintaining Artistic Director’s calendar. Must have good communication, people, organizational and computer skills; a positive attitude; the ability to work calmly in fast-paced environment; a valid driver’s license, and be 21 years of age by 7/12/17. Desirable: classical music background, enrollment in Arts Administration program, experience working with artists. Term of employment: June 26 – August 24, 2017. Stipend $550/wk, housing provided. Deadline: Festival must receive application by March 3, 2017 – Please mail cover letter, resume and two letters of reference to Linda Klosky, Artistic Administrator, SANTA FE CHAMBER MUSIC FESTIVAL, P.O. Box 2227, Santa Fe, NM 87504
Ticket Office Representative
(Full and part time positions available starting in July)
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide the audience with a positive initial experience at the Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival. This is created by aiding patrons with accurate event information and assisting them in purchasing and/or picking up tickets to Festival events. You are expected to work cooperatively with all employees of the Festival, the NM Museum of Art and the Lensic Performing Arts Center in maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Provide all guests a positive first impression of the Festival by offering superior, individualized guest service.
- Provide information regarding Festival events and facilities via face-to-face communication and telephone.
- Maintain and nurture relationships with regular patrons, board members, donors, sponsors, members, NM Museum of Art staff, Lensic staff, and the general public, encouraging casual and new guests to visit on a more regular basis.
- Accurately operate the Tessitura ticketing system to sell tickets for Festival events. This includes being responsible for the “fish” token needed to operate Tessitura.
- Process ticket sales at the ticket office, by internet, phone and by mail; sell tickets, collect money, process credit card orders, operate a computer, make change and keep accurate records of monies taken in and tickets sold through the ticket office.
- Open and close assigned workstation, which includes an assigned cash drawer, as spelled out in ticket office handbook.
- Balance assigned cash drawer to end of day reports.
- Pull will-call tickets for events.
- Problem-solve by effectively communicating with guests to locate and deliver will-call/guest list tickets.
- Operate Festival gift shop as needed.
- Help with guest artists CD signings as needed.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ability to communicate positively with patrons to establish their needs efficiently and courteously.
- Ability to smile, be friendly, professional, and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work flexible hours according to event schedules; ability to work extended and irregular hours including weekends.
- Be computer proficient including Microsoft Excel and Word.
This position description is not all-inclusive and is only intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job.
Please respond with short resume. References will be required if interviewed. All inquiries kept confidential. No phone calls.
SUMMER POSITION: Concert Volunteer for the Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival’s 45th Season. Would you like to be part of a music festival that brings together the world’s finest musicians to perform chamber music in all its forms? The support and commitment of our dedicated Volunteers contribute significantly to the Festival. In return the Festival offers opportunities to serve a variety of great concerts, meaningful involvement, and wonderful camaraderie.
Volunteer duties include: greeting and directing patrons, ushering, taking tickets, assisting the ticket office Will Call, and preparing and collecting programs. Must be reliable and flexible, have good people skills, a positive attitude, the ability to stand, climb stairs, and move efficiently for on-time performances, and be 16 years or older. Training provided.
Come and have fun! Click here to apply.
For more information, please contact:
Sheryl DeGenring, Volunteer Coordinator
Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival
P.O. Box 2227
Santa Fe, NM 87504
Email: Click here
Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival is an internationally acclaimed six-week summer festival of over 45 chamber music concerts and youth concerts performed by world-class musicians. The Artistic Director is Marc Neikrug. The over 80 participating artists for the 45th Season will include: Inon Barnatan, Martin Beaver, Finghin Collins, Brett Dean, Dover Quartet, FLUX Quartet; Jennifer Frautschi, Kirill Gerstein, Clive Greensmith, Daniel Hope, Caleb Hudson, Johannes Quartet, Ida Kavafian, Jennifer Koh, Mark Kosower, Lukasz Kuropazcewski, Anthony McGill, Tara Helen O’Connor, Orion String Quartet, Rachel Barton Pine, William Preucil, John Storgards, Liang Wang, and others.